|AutoCAD Release 10 October 1988
The LINETYPE Load command updated to load several linetypes from the library file at once.
Restrictions on use of the PURGE command have been relaxed.
A binary form of DXF file supported.
ZOOM Previous expanded to restore the last ten views.
The Configurator updated to always allow I/O port configuration.
ADE-1 and ADE-2 were merged into ADE-3. New ADE-3 features included:
VIEWPORTS (or VPORTS) command for control of multiple viewports (for 2D as well as 3D applications). REDRAWALL and REGENALL commands operate on all active viewports.
Optional permanent handles for all entities, controlled by the HANDLES command. Handles can be extracted and stored in an external database related to the drawing. The entities to which the handles refer can be retrieved by AutoLISP routines.
A new CHPROP command streamlined the changing of entity properties.
New dimensioning variables were added to permit greater control over dimension arrows and the placement of dimension lines and text. New Dimzin values were added for suppression of leading and trailing decimal zeroes.
PEDIT updated to generate quadratic and cubic B-splines.
Additional 3D capabilities:
- Any entity can be drawn anywhere in space, rotated and tilted in any manner you wish, using the UCS and DDUCS commands to control the User Coordinate System. The UCSICON command controls display of an icon that helps you visualize the orientation of the current UCS.
- Any or all of a 3D Face's edges can be made invisible.
- Fast zoom mode updated to work in 3D views as well as in plan view.
- The PLAN command expanded to generate a plan view of a specified UCS.
- The DVIEW command extended to allow you to view your 3D drawings in proper perspective.
- The LINE command extended to draw 3D lines.
- 3DPOLY, 3DMESH, RULESURF, TABSURF, REVSURF, and EDGESURF commands for construction of 3D Polylines and polygon meshes. PEDIT extended to handle editing and surface-fitting for these new entities.
- An optional version of AutoLISP made available for use with AT®-style extended memory.
- 3D-point translation functions provided.
- (findfile) searches the library path to locate the specified file, returning the full filename.
- (load) extended to search the library path to locate and load the specified file. Also, (load) can now be used from within another function.
- A user-defined start-up function added to run automatically when acad.lsp is loaded.
- (getenv) returns the value assigned to the specified system environment variable.
- Given the permanent handle for an entity, (handent) retrieves that entity's current name.
- (vports) retrieves active viewport data.