Over the next couple of weeks there is a online virtual event going on for those in the AEC industry. Some of the presentations are free to attend, but the registration is cheap at $25 to see some of the potential cutting edge silo busting ideas and the hackathon team solution presentations. Come learn something, a new perspective, a new technology, a new contact, a new potential solution to a challenging problem in our industry.
BIM 360 Users: Join Us for a Virtual AEC Hackathon
"Ready… Set… Hack!
We’re inviting all professionals in the architecture, engineering, and construction (AEC) fields to join us and many others for a virtual Hackathon from July 10-26. The event is designed to break down barriers and encourage collaboration in the AEC industry and will consist of workshops, lightning rounds, and presentations, eventually crowning winners when the Hackathon wraps up at the end of July. Specifically, winners will be chosen in categories that include Best Overall Project, Best ‘Solves a Big Problem’ Project, Best Mashup, Best Hack From a Past Event, Best Hack for Humans, Best Startup Project, Best BIM 360 Project, Best Design Automation Project and Best Mashup with VIM.
Presentations to Catch
The 2020 AEC Virtual Hackathon is ripe with presentations, which are scheduled to roll out July 13-23. Here’s a closer look at some of the ones you won’t want to miss.
- July 13th, 2 p.m. EST – Timo Hartmann- CEO, Contecht
- July 17th, Noon EST – Hugh Geoghegan – BIM Consultant Xinaps
- July 17th , 1 p.m. EST – Torbjørn Grimstad – CEO, Moicon
- July 20th , Noon EST – Caner Dolas – CEO, Gamma AR
- July 21st , Noon EST – Kean Walmsley – SW Architect, Autodesk Research
- July 21st, 1 p.m. EST – Stuart Maggs – CEO, Scaled Robotics
- Time TBD – David de Yarza – CEO, Builderbox
- Time TBD – Artur Bessoni – CEO, Shedmate
Schedule of Events
If you’re interested in virtually attending or participating in the Hackathon, be sure to register and purchase your ticket here. From there you can connect with other virtual attendees via the LinkedIn Group, Slack Channel or by joining the conversation on Twitter. You’ll then be able to pitch a project and join a team to compete in the challenges that have already been set. From there, the timeline of events is as follows:
- July 6-9th Developer prep Workshops
- July 10th 2 p.m. EST Lighting Rounds & Team Building
- July 13-23rd Hacking & Presentations
- July 24th 11:59 p.m. EST Hacking Deadline
- July 25th 2 p.m. EST Team Presentations
- July 26th 1 p.m. EST Winner Announcement
For more information on the AEC Virtual Hackathon, visit www.hackAEC.com”