“Project Refinery is an Autodesk generative design beta for the architecture, engineering and construction industry that gives users the power to quickly explore and optimize their Dynamo designs. Project Refinery not only lets you create design options, but it also allows you to set goals and optimize for those goals. When you choose to maximize or minimize designated outputs, Refinery will return the best options. Refinery allows users to leverage the power of the Dynamo package manager and run custom nodes including Python nodes. Refinery runs locally and allows custom code to participate in design option generation. Refinery will run in Dynamo for Revit or Dynamo Sandbox and includes a node to cache Revit data for use in option generation. “
Refinery is still a beta project and just posted an update.
Refinery 0.4.44 - Optioneering and Optimization for Dynamo created logic is now available! We've made the following enhancement:
- Up to 2x faster
- Stability improvements
- Ignored outputs now show up in the exploration UI as data points (but don't affect an optimization)
- Filtering for Scatter Plot and Parallel Coordinates chart views
- Better legibility for parallel coordinates titles
- Frozen nodes are now respected when performing runs
- Geometry view improvements”
Join the Beta https://www.autodesk.com/solutions/refinery-beta
Read more on Project Refinery from Kean.
Project Refinery: implement generative design workflows for AEC