The first official day of Autodesk University 2016 was yesterday and the day 2 is just starting. One thing I am realizing is that with organizing morning runs meeting at 5:30 am and then a full day of events and evening meetups and receptions there is little time for sleep or even blogging. I am mostly able to be on social media @shaanhurley and my Instagram from my smartphone.
A few highlights in short bullet form.
- The Autodesk Fusion events and reveal of the coming new functionality to Fusion was a huge fun hit with many applauding the addition of Sheet metal. Afterwards we held a reception at Top Golf where Jamie Scherer of Autodesk and Jason Pohl of Orange County Chopper revealed the electric motorcycle designed using Fusion 360.
- Day 1 AU5K and almost 60 people showed up and ran down the strip. Amazing and such a fun active way to start your AU day.
- The Autodesk University 2016 Opening Keynote was kicked off by Autodesk CEO, Carl Bass, and CTO, Jeff Kowalski.
Check out Scott’s post and take. #AU2016 Opening Keynote
Along with Carl and Jeff were Christian Benimana who is the Rwanda programs director with MASS Design Group. He currently leads the implementation of the African Design Center and 16 year old Anna Nixon from Beaverton Oregon who not only participates in FIRST Robotics but has her own non profit for girls in STEM. Attendees were inspired by all the speakers but Anna Nixon blew minds with some saying she has accomplished and is a better speaker than most adults.
- The AutoCAD Family Feud Game pitting my team and Lynn Allen’s Teams in trivia went down. It ended in a tie.
here was my team.
- The Blogger & Social Media Meetup was held last evening with several in attendance. Our CTO even joined in the fun and played with some AR goggles. Jamie Scherer and Grant Holmberg-Baugher did some live design of helmets and cars in Fusion 360.
- I was invited to a special dinner and viewing of Tait Towers designed chandelier in the Caesars Palace Omnia Club. The crazy UFO like lights and music structure was designed by Tait Towers using AutoCAD. It was absolutely mind blowing.
We had just over 50 show up for todays AU 5K run. What a blast. Re,member no run tomorrow since we may be staying out late enjoying the AU Party! Thank you for everyone that ran, jogged, walked, or crawled this year.
Today is another action packed day with the Product Innovation Keynote by Amar Hanspal.
Wednesday, November 16, 10:00 a.m.-11:30 a.m. Watch Online: http://au.autodesk.com/las-vegas/h/content/au/global/en/au-online/live-stream
“Join us to learn about Autodesk’s product and platform innovation, and our best new cloud technologies. Amar Hanspal, SVP, Products, will kick things off and a group of passionate customers and product experts will join him. This is your chance to get a firsthand look at some of the noteworthy technology available to you today and in the near future.”
stay tuned for some surprises… no Storm Troopers this year but hopefully something just as fun, or close.