Do you need an application to repair, heal, and fix 3D geometry or even create 3D textured geometry using photos for fabrication projects like 3D printing?
Project Memento is free Autodesk Labs technology preview of an end-to-end solution for converting any reality capture input (photos, scans) into high quality 3D mesh that can be cleaned up, fixed, and optimized for further digital use or for fabrication.
Project Memento has two goals:
First, to streamline current tedious workflows for creating high quality digital replica from reality capture sensors that involves multiple tools which are often very complex, expensive, and require high expertise.
Second, to solve a big, rarely solved technological challenge: to be able to visualize, handle, analyze, fix and optimize very large meshes. Such meshes are a usual result when converting reality data when a highest quality professional result is demanded.
What’s new in this build 22.214.171.124:
- We now have Batch auto-fix defects. This is the first implementation, and we can batch fix holes and islands only. This is however a first, important step to make the fixing of badly created models that have many errors (meshes that usually come from existing laser scans or CAT scan to mesh software packages) much easier and faster.
- We have new tools in the 3D printing environment:
- Automatic alignment to the base plane at first entering of the 3D print environment (where applicable)
- Interactive orientation of the model in the 3d print envelope – just use your mouse to orient the model
- Scale to fit within the printer bounds
- We have started to implement more reporting tools around 3D printing. We can now calculate and report the volume of the print material and the support material used in the printing (the latter, the support material we only report for 3D printers that do full support, such as OBJET). You will notice that for all other printers, the print material data for the support will not be available.
- We now have a proper, official Autodesk installer.