Project Sundance is a free technology preview of an Windows application that allows you to export the fiber orientation results from your Moldflow simulation and use them to run a nonlinear structural simulation in Abaqus Standard or Explicit.
Project Sundance offers an intuitive user interface and streamlined workflow that helps you set up your simulation easily and accurately. Simply import both your Moldflow and structural models and apply nonlinear data and calculate material model parameters. Sundance helps you inspect and judge if the meshes are suitable for mapping and then maps the Moldflow fiber orientation results to the structural model. Finally, export the updated structural model to your FEA package for simulation.
The result is more accurate insight into the behavior and structural performance of your short fiber composite part.
Sundance offers an intuitive user interface and streamlined workflow that helps you set up your simulation easily and accurately in just a few simple steps:
- Import both your Moldflow and structural models
- Use your own data or select from a prepopulated library to apply nonlinear material data and calculate material model parameters
- Use the Mapping Suitability plot to inspect and decide whether the meshes are suitable for mapping
- Map the Moldflow fiber orientation results to the structural model
- Export the updated structural model to your FEA package for enhanced simulation
Key Benefits Offered by Sundance:
- Seamlessly integrates into your nonlinear FEA solver
- Allows the structural application and Moldflow to use meshes appropriate for the respective applications
- Applies multi-scale analysis to every material point within the model
- Enables different properties for fiber and matrix constituents
- Currently supports elastic-plastic material model with failure in the matrix constituent
- Technology allows the model to capture different nonlinear behaviors with varying fiber orientations