Project Memento is a new and technologically advanced application to visualize large 3D meshes in the hundreds of millions of polygons from laser scans, photos, or models like a FBX or OBJ file. It was designed to be fast and analyzes the mesh for errors and allows you to fix issues so that you can go from a messy perhaps problem laden model to a healthy one for use in any downstream application.
Project Memento makes it a breeze to work with and fix large data sets that with other tools takes a great deal of knowledge and multiple tools to fix complex topology issues, splitting meshes into smaller parts, or solving texture problems. This technology preview is a first attempt at a solution to a long standing problem people face when working with 3D data.
- Fast loading of large meshes (geometry + texture)
- Supported import file formats: .OBJ and .RCM (ReCap mesh)
- Visualization of large mesh geometry + texture (wireframe, solid, textured)
- Mesh analysis/diagnostic tools (geometry only in this release)
- Automated and manual mesh fix tools (geometry only)
- Decimation tools during export (1-99% decimation range, geometry only in this release)
- 10-level undo-redo
- Export to .OBJ or Save as .RCM
We want you to give it a try and let us know what you think and how we can improve this early version. Your feedback will determine whether this technology preview graduates to a real product or goes onto a digital shelf.