Autodesk FormIt 4
Autodesk’s free conceptual tool for the ipad, Autodesk FormIt was just updated as version 4. FormIt is the 1st Architectural Form Modeler for the iPad. In addition to new features, there is a web based version of FormIt coming so that you will be able to use it from many more platforms. Before the Android tablet users fire up my comments section asking where is the Android version, the team is looking towards an Android tablet version sometime in the future.
For those not aware of Autodesk FormIt, it is an extremely easy to use tool allowing you to explore forms and conceptual designs fast by directly manipulating the forms. You can start with a blank canvas or start with a satellite image location for your design as well as do a shadow study based on that location and a date and time.
Autodesk FormIt 4.0 Highlights:
- Allow for import and export of SAT and OBJ files
- Users may generate their own material library
- Materials may be assigned transparency
- Create your own texture-mapped materials using the Photo Library or iPad camera
- Allow users to send screen shots to library and via email
- Arrows can now be assigned size & color
- Delete an edge on a flat face
One of the biggest strengths of FormIt besides drp dead simple ease of use is that FormIt allows you to take the conceptual to the design tool as it automatically generates a Autodesk Revit .rvt file in Autodesk 360. No need to work out a conceptual idea only to redraw it in a design tool wasting time when you move it to the design phase.
Generate and explore complex designs for Revit.