So you have just heard about AutoCAD 2014 and looking to purchase or upgrade, one of your first questions are is “does my current system meet the system requirements?”
Below are the system requirements for AutoCAD 2014, but like anything it all depends on what type of data you work with. If you do small 2D work then you have less system horsepower. But if you work with large files, and especially 3D then the system requirements really should be considered the minimum to get good performance and stability.
Supported operating systems
|Windows® 8||Windows® 8|
|Windows 8 Pro||Windows 8 Pro|
|Windows 8 Enterprise||Windows 8 Enterprise|
|Windows 7 Ultimate||Windows 7 Ultimate|
|Windows 7 Professional||Windows 7 Professional|
|Windows 7 Home Premium||Windows 7 Home Premium|
|Windows XP Professional (Service Pack 3 [SP3] or later)||Windows XP Professional (Service Pack 2 [SP2] or later) VBA is not supported on Windows XP Professional
|Windows XP Home (Service Pack 3 [SP3] or later)|
2 GB (4 GB recommended)
1024x768 (1600x1050 or higher recommended) with True Color
Supports Windows display adapter capable of 1024x768 with True Color capabilities
Installation 6.0 GB
Side-by-side install Supported (for example AutoCAD 2013 and AutoCAD 2014 on the same system)
Additional requirements for large datasets, point clouds and 3D modeling
- Intel Pentium 4 processor or AMD Athlon, 3.0 GHz or higher or Intel or AMD Dual Core processor, 2.0 GHz or higher
- 4 GB RAM or greater
- 6 GB free hard disk available not including installation requirements
- 1280 x 1024 True Color video display adapter 128 MB or greater, Pixel Shader 3.0 or greater, Direct3D®-capable workstation class graphics card
- Windows 8 and Windows 7: Intel Pentium 4 or AMD Athlon Dual Core, 3.0 GHz or Higher with SSE2 technology
- Windows XP: Intel® Pentium® 4 or AMD Athlon™ Dual Core, 1.6 GHz or Higher with SSE2 technology
- AMD Athlon™ 64 with SSE2 technology
- AMD Opteron™ with SSE2 technology
- Intel® Xeon® with Intel EM64T support with SSE2 technology
- Intel Pentium 4 with Intel EM64T support with SSE2 technology
- Deployment via Deployment Wizard.
- The license server and all workstations that will run applications dependent on network licensing must run TCP/IP protocol.
- Either Microsoft® or Novell TCP/IP protocol stacks are acceptable. Primary login on workstations may be Netware or Windows.
- In addition to operating systems supported for the application, the license server will run on the Windows Server 2008, Windows Server 2008 R2, Windows Server 2003, and Windows 2003 R2 Server Editions.
- Citrix® XenApp™ 6.5 FP1, Citrix® XenDesktopTM 5.6