Autodesk® ForceEffect Motion was just released free to the Apple App store.
This is a great mobile tool for anyone exploring early design concepts from students to professionals. Bring in a picture and then use that as the design concept to explore the mechanical design and simulation. It is a also really fun to explore how things work, yes I said engineering can be fun.
This is the new napkin in early concept design!
Take a tour of ForceEffect Motion: http://bit.ly/J5swV1
Check out the Theo Jansen walking device: http://bit.ly/HFU7hQ
Developing mechanical systems with moving parts is now easier and ever with Autodesk® ForceEffect Motion™. ForceEffect Motion™ brings engineering to the point of the problem with a mobile engineering app for simulating design concepts in the field, in the office or in the classroom. This purpose built tool allows users to develop functional moving mechanical systems right on their mobile devices. Unlike the traditional approach of using paper, pencil, and a calculator to develop equations for design options, ForceEffect Motion™ does all the simulation and engineering calculations for you right on your mobile device, enabling you to quickly and easily simulate design options during the concept phase to determine the viability of a design.
The Autodesk ForceEffect Motion engineering app is perfect for developing mechanical systems with moving parts upfront in the in the design process, some of the features include:
- Create functional mechanical joints (welded, pinned, sliding, collar, crossing)
- Create supports (fixed pin, grounded, sliding collar)
- Mechanism animation and functional drag
- Analyze positional data by adding trace points (trace path, velocity vectors)
- Interactive graphing of trace points (velocity, displacement, acceleration)
- Create Actuators (motors, linear)
- Results reporting with picture, animation, graph and graph data table
- and more…
Official Press Release: Freedom to Test Impact of Motion Behavior on iPhone, iPad and iPod touch