After reserving your kit and then picking it up at the Creative Studio (Venetian Ballroom G) at Autodesk University, you can begin to make your own creation. In the 123D Fab! Challenge kit you will find cardboard shapes to assemble and decorate. You can use your wild creative skills to construct your creation as long as the 123D logo is included.
In addition to the 150 piece kit there will be several other materials you can incorporate in your creation such as feathers, wheels, dowels, paint, flowers, and more.
The bottom line purpose is to have fun and be creative!.
All creations must be completed and returned to the Creative Studio by Thursday, Dec 1 at 10AM PST, and will be judged with prizes awarded during the AU Mixer that evening.
- First prize winner will receive a MakerBot Thing-o-Matic.
- Second prize winner will receive a Ponoko Gift Certificate (value $500)
- Third prize winner will receive an iPod Touch
Only 150 kits are available, so register now to reserve yours today!
- You MUST assemble the 123D letters/characters according to the instructions in the kit and incorporate them into your creation. How you assemble the rest of the pieces and decorate them is up to you.
- There is a limit of one kit per person, no duplicate entries are allowed.
- Projects that do not meet the criteria of the challenge will not be permitted to enter.
- The judges reserve the right to disqualify anyone who cheats or engages in unsportsmanlike conduct.
- The project MUST be handed in by the deadline to be eligible for judging.
Note: Official rules of the contest will be handed out when you pick up your kit at the Creative Studio, Venetian Ballroom G.
All entries must be handed in at the Creative Studio (Venetian Ballroom G) by 10AM PST, December 1, 2011.
All entries will be judged by a panel of Autodesk Creative Studio staff based on successful completion, originality, and overall execution of the 123D Fab! Challenge. Winners will be announced on December 1, 2011 during the AU Mixer (between 6:30PM – 8:30PM PST).