We want to try to do an experimental crowd source project with our awesome customers to create something that might be shown on the large big screens in front of 9000+ Autodesk University attendees. It might also be shown to the even large AU online audience live. You will receive perhaps fame but no fortune at this time.
Link to Sign Up http://autode.sk/uPwe5P
Please sign up before 11/07/2011
After you complete this survey we will select people and issue them a few words in text for you to use your Autodesk products to show the text clearly. Creativity is the key and we know Autodesk customers are the kings in creativity.
Some examples of ways to do this. Each would be one method as you do not need to do all of these or exactly as we are just providing some ideas to get your creative juices flowing.
- A high resolution photo of you sitting at your computer with the words displayed clearly onscreen in an Autodesk product.
- A close up of your screen or device with the text in your Autodesk product.
- Perhaps the text created from a piping spool, HVAC, characters in 3ds Max Maya or Softimage holding the text, some Mudbox created text, Text in Smoke, text on your iPad or Android in AutoCAD WS, text freehand sketch in Sketchbook, a road design, bridge trusses, GIS, foundation, curtain wall or walls for a building.
- A short 3-5 second video of you animating or working on the text perhaps orbiting it or rendering it with a texture from wire frame.
- Using your laser scanner of Project Photofly to capture some physical text or the background to bring into your Autodesk product.
- The words laid out in components in your shops perhaps out of rivets, survey sticks, or the words welded on a plate of steel.
- You and your co workers forming the letters for the text or each coworker with a word on their shirt.
- A machined, welded part, or 3D print of the text.
- You could even shave the words into your head…ok maybe not.
So many possibilities but the text needs to be clearly readable. The submissions must be creative to be lit up on the big screen. If it is a video, then the words need to be seen at the end of the video. We should be able to freeze-frame the last video frame. The words we provide should be used in a way that relates to Autodesk or Autodesk’s products in some way.
Our goal is to get ALL Autodesk products and technologies showcased in this fun project. There is the slight risk that if we do not get enough participation the experiment will be shelved.