Some nice updates for the FREE AutoCAD WS just went live with AutoCAD WS Mobile1.2. The update 1.2 is now available for download on the Apple iTunes App Store at http://autode.sk/get_acadws_app.
Did I mention it’s still FREE?
The BIG Highlights:
- AutoCAD WS is now available in Chinese, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, and Spanish.
- Open DWG files exported from Autodesk Inventor
- Layout Support Just like in AutoCAD you can now navigate between your model space and paper space layouts.
- Improved Free Line Tool - set the line width of the free line tool to sketch, draw your own symbols, or write text.
- Copy and Paste - double-tap to select the object or text you wish to copy, cut or paste.
- Snap Preview - select and draw more accurately with the new snap area magnifier.
- Inches Display - if your drawing was created in Inches or Feet, now the units will be displayed as Inches/Feet when editing, drawing, or measuring.
Most of these Mobile 1.2 features are also on the web based AutoCAD WS
Important AutoCAD WS Links:
- AutoCAD WS main Page http://autode.sk/acad_ws
- AutoCAD WS Tutorials http://autode.sk/learn_acad_ws
- AutoCAD WS YouTube Channel http://autode.sk/acad_ws_video
So whether you are on your iOS based mobile device iPod Touch, iPhone or iPad or on almost any desktop platform by web browser, you have access to, viewing, and some editing of your DWG files and can share them freely.
As for that other mobile platform that starts with an “A” and ends with a “d”, I am told patience is a virtue.