AutoCAD WS is now shipping free as a commercial product after having graduated from Autodesk Labs as Project Butterfly. Project Butterfly now known as AutoCAD WS has been evolving over time since appearing in the Labs with more functionality and performance along with getting great feedback from users. AutoCAD WS requires only a browser such as Safari, IE, Chrome or Firefox with Flash installed. Now in addition being able to upload, edit, markup, and share in real-time with DWG files, you can also upload other file types like ZIP, Doc, and PDF files as a file storage solution.
AutoCAD WS is a quick & free signup but if you already have an Autodesk single sign-on account like the Autodesk forums you can use that.
AutoCAD WS Video on YouTube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cchyCLeTRbY
AutoCAD WS Video for those without access to YouTube Download AutoCAD WS Video
There is also AutoCAD WS Mobile from the Apple iTunes Store https://www.itunes.com/app/autocad-ws. With AutoCAD WS Mobile you can use the native iOS based AutoCAD WS Mobile to view, markup, and edit DWG files uploaded to your AutoCAD WS space.
|AutoCAD WS Mobile being used on an Apple iPad at a design & construction meeting.|
|Measuring a DWG object with AutoCAD WS Mobile on an Apple iPad.||In Grayscale mode in AutoCAD WS Mobile on an Apple iPhone|
|Drawing Management in AutoCAD WS Mobile on an Apple iPhone||Invitation to share in AutoCAD WS Mobile on an Apple iPhone|
Also released are plugins for several AutoCAD based products to add the ability to upload and manage files in AutoCAD WS. This new plug-in is available for everyone to download from https://www.autocadws.com/downloads, or as part of the Subscription Advantage Pack for AutoCAD 2011.
|AutoCAD WS Plugin Toolbar|
|AutoCAD WS Plugin Ribbon|
AutoCAD WS Plug-in for AutoCAD 2011 is currently available for the following English only products:
- AutoCAD® 2011
- AutoCAD LT 2011 (yes, AutoCAD LT) Read Kate’s LT Unlimited blog for more details.
- AutoCAD Architecture 2011
- AutoCAD MEP 2011
- AutoCAD Mechanical 2011
- AutoCAD Plant 3D 2011
- AutoCAD P&ID 2011
- AutoCAD Civil 3D 2011
- AutoCAD Electrical 2011
- AutoCAD ecscad 2011
- AutoCAD Structural Detailing 2011
- AutoCAD Map 3D 2011
For more info:
- The AutoCAD WS Team's Blog https://butterfly.autodesk.com/blog
- AutoCAD WS Web application and online workspace.https://www.autocadws.com
- AutoCAD WS Mobile app for the for Apple® iPad™, iPhone®, and iPod touch®, available for download on iTunes (www.itunes.com/app/autocad-ws)
- AutoCAD WS plug-in (www.autocadws.com/downloads) to upload and synchronize files automatically from AutoCAD
- Tutorials & Getting Started info are available www.autocadws.com/tutorials & https://autocadws.com/tutorials/getting-started/
- FAQ at www.autodesk.com/autocadws
Did I mention these are FREE?
Get out of the office, Go Mobile with AutoCAD WS!