Guest post by Jeff Bartels @JeffBartels.
If you would like to publish a guest article on this blog about AutoCAD please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org. This is a great way to be seen by over 20,000+ people daily for free. The idea is to share AutoCAD tips that benefit AutoCAD users as well as promote the AutoCAD experts looking for work, consulting, books, promoting their blogs, or more.
Adding Blog RSS and Twitter Feeds to AutoCAD Communication Center/InfoCenter
- Start by visiting your favorite blog, or Twitter page, and look for this icon - This icon means the data on the page is available as an RSS link.
- Right-click on the icon and select “Copy Shortcut” from the menu. This action “steals” the link and places it temporarily on your clipboard.
- Next, open AutoCAD and click the Communication Center icon (circled in red) at the top right of the interface.
- After opening the Communication Center, click the InfoCenter Settings icon (circled in green) to open the InfoCenter Settings dialog box.
- Make sure that RSS Feeds is selected on the left side of the dialog box, and click the “Add…” button in the upper right.
- When the Add RSS Feed dialog box opens, Right Click in the address bar and select “Paste” from the menu. In the example image, I have pasted the link for Shaan Hurley’s Blog, “Between the Lines”.
- Click the Add button, followed by OK to finish. (Repeat these steps for as many additional blogs, or Twitter pages as you like.)
From now on the Communication Center can be a “one-stop-shop” for all of your CAD related blog entries and tweets. To view the latest information, simply open the Communication Center and look beneath the “RSS Feeds” heading. As a bonus, try selecting an entry to be taken directly to the blog, or Twitter page.
Jeff Bartels has been using AutoCAD professionally, and teaching AutoCAD since Release 12. Jeff has authored ten AutoCAD training titles for Lynda.com – www.lynda.com/jeffbartels
You can follow him on Twitter @JeffBartels where he regularly posts AutoCAD tips and shortcuts.
Thank you Jeff!
Here is a list of Blogs, RSS feeds, and Twitter for other CAD Blogs compiled by Shaan. You can also add RSS feeds to your RSS feedreaders like the Google Reader.