It is hard to believe that Autodesk University 2009 is about to begin but, it is.
I arrived yesterday afternoon and had a little fun with some AU attendees last night including some photos near the Mandalay Bay. I also met up with Matt Murphy who tells me the infamous Matt Murphy Clay Head Sculpture will be on display in the 4D Technologies booth in the AU exhibit hall this week.
Today I am working on my AU classes and events, but also leading the AU2009 Shutterbug Tour out to the Valley of Fire. Valley of Fire is located to the Northeast of Las Vegas and is absolutely amazing for landscape photography and hiking. The photos for AU 2009 will be at the public Flickr group for AU2009 (http://www.flickr.com/groups/au2009/).
A few AU 2009 random reminders:
- A large random list of personal suggestions to consider in preparation for Autodesk University 2009
- The second annual Autodesk University Bloggers Social event is planed for Monday evening 6:30 to 8PM and will be packed this year with bloggers and Autodesk employees to make connections face to face.
- I am holding some fun “Hide & Geek” activities at AU on Twitter for those that follow me. I have some great donated goodies such as books, Camtasia licenses, and more. If you would like to donate something to the fun, email me at [email protected],com.
- Unofficial AU attendee hangout location is the Eyecandy Sound Lounge.
- Make sure all content you post regarding AU 2009 is tagged as #AU2009 so that people can follow the aggregated content online.
And lets not forget I will completely shave my head this week so please make donations to the Susan G. Komen Breast Cancer Awareness Foundation. Help us reach the goal of $2000 this week.
Hope to see you at AU 2009!