This is so very cool for users of the Apple iPhone and Apple iPod touch and only $2.99 which has to be a record low price for an Autodesk application excluding free products. I am a longtime Crackberry users and never really been tempted to jump to the iPhone because I would spend my time playing with all the cool things instead of working. This single application makes me really consider getting an iPhone, or at least an iPod touch. This is not the first time Autodesk has been on a handheld device as we had a viewer and other applications in the past but this is the first I know of on the iPhone.
John Schmier pointed out that Autodesk has released a prior iPhone application. Autodesk Fluid to demonstrate fluid dynamics on the iPhone. Thanks John!SketchBook Mobile application using the pressure and touch sensitive screen provides professional sketching tools for designers, artists, and doodlers. It also allows the capture of a picture from your iPhone camera so you can then use that in your sketch although I might have fun editing peoples faces with horns and moustaches when in meetings.
Congratulations to the Autodesk SketchBook Pro Team now they are on the Mac, Windows, and the iPhone. Check this out even if you don't have an iPhone as the technology and design tools you can put in your hand are amazing.
- YouTube Video SketchBook Mobile iPhone App from Autodesk
- Press Release Autodesk Releases SketchBook Mobile on the App Store
- Product details SketchBook Mobile Now Available for the iPhone and iPod touch
- Guillermo’s post and experiment with SketchBook Mobile Autodesk SketchBook Mobile for the iPhone and iPod touch
“Digitally capture your ideas as napkin sketches or produce artwork on-the-go. Created for artists, designers, and anyone who creates artwork for fun or work.”
"Key features in the SketchBook Mobile App include:
- Layers - Drawings can contain up to six layers.
- Brushes - The software comes with 25 preset brushes and completely customizable brush settings.
- Color selection - Customizable color swatches and a color wheel with RGB sliders provide a virtually unlimited palette.”
Autodesk Sketchbook Mobile painting and drawing software is available on the iTunes App Store.