The AutoCAD .NET Developer's Guide is now posted and available free online.
Many have requested this and I was told it was a top request by members of the Autodesk Developer Network (ADN) last year. The Autodesk User Assistance Team worked and to produce this and it was authored by none other than AutoCAD guru Lee Ambrosius. This is a free extensive online guide.
Contents are thorough and help anyone wanting to venture into the .NET API in AutoCAD to develop customization and automation. The .NET API for AutoCAD is in addition to APIs such as AutoLISP, ObjectARX. .NET is for both 32-bit and 64-bit where the Visual Basic for Applications was only designed for 32-bit. If you are seriously interested in automating AutoCAD tasks or building a custom tailored AutoCAD application you should look into the AutoCAD .NET API detailed in this guide.
- Getting Started with Microsoft Visual Studio
- Basics of the AutoCAD .NET API
- Control the AutoCAD Environment
- Create and Edit AutoCAD Entities
- Dimensions and Tolerances
- Work in Three-Dimensional Space
- Define Layouts and Plot
- Use Events
- Develop Applications with VB.NET and C#
- VBA/VB to VB.NET and C# Comparison
- VBA to VB.NET and C# Comparison
- AutoCAD .NET Developer's Guide