Thursday Night AU 80s themed party was HUGE and a blast. There were so many people, food , beverages, old 80s video games, pool tables, activities, 2 comedians, 1 chain saw juggler, and the band Tainted Love. After the party I went out with coworkers and customers to Tao upper floor which was a really cool place then for breakfast for the annual chicken and waffles with maple syrup at the Grand Lux located in the Venetian.
Autodesk University 2007 came to a final end today after the largest attendance of around and it could be a coincidence but when AU ended it got very cold, clouds covered the sky, and rain started here in Las Vegas.
Nice BLAUGI Blog post of AU 2007 related blog postings.:
Other AU 2007 blog post highlights:
- AU 2007 Day 3: Autodesk Labs Has the Neatest Technology
- AU 2007 Day 1, Main Keynote
- AU 2007, Extensive Blog Coverage
- Assis from AUGI Brazil celebrates his birthday at AU 2007
- Autodesk University - Day Two
- AU 2007 - Day One - Autodesk, in 360°
- Autodesk University 2007 - Day One
- Helpful and useful information for those attending Autodesk University 2007
- The Making of the General Session
- RobiNZ @ Autodesk University 2007 - "Designing the Future"
- Exhibit hall craziness
- AU Video Booth -- Fun Things Come in Small Packages
- Autodesk University - Day Three
A few of my highlight moments:
- The clay modeling submissions and conversations about the Autodesk 25 year memorabilia at the Autodesk MyFeedback booth.
- Lynn chasing me around the event floor after the comedian used my photos to joke about Lynn's hair over the past.
- Luciana, Assis coming from Brazil and Luciana being out of Brazil for the first time and Vegas no less must be overwhelming and paint a inaccurate view of what the United States is like.
- Laughing till I cried with the group at La Scena when discussing the weird infomercial's being shown on the hotel TV channel 5.
- Not answering my wake up call and security showing up at my door to make sure I was fine. My phone did not ring as it was on the wrong line.
- My Blackberry getting fried and not working much of the time although Martyn Day also suffered a similar problem when he lost the navigation ball on his Blackberry.
- The Venetian club Tao and the upstairs environment and view down the strip.
- Being on a panel during Yoshi Hondas CAD Management Town Hall with such esteemed co panelists including David Harrington, Tom Conti, Jamie Casile, Daniel Herbert, Danny Counts, Veronica Lamb, and even the infamous Matt Murphy Clay Head Sculpture sat on the panel in front of the attendees but never answered a single question.
- Stan running into me with the scooter.
- The AUGI Top DAUG Competition
- The 360 degree high definition system during the keynote and showing of code name Metropolis. I sure whish I could have that system for gaming. ;-)
- Jeff Jeff Kowalski Autodesk CTO and his presentation keynote as it was cool and his presentation style was reminiscent of a smooth Steve Jobs.
- Lynn Allen's picture from the 1980s that she showed to over 7000 people.
- Having my face and interview on the AUGIWorld Magazine cover.
I head back to Utah tomorrow morning then to Brazil on Monday for CAD Camp and then onto Peru for some Amazon jungle trekking and photos. I need to also get my voice back and caught up on email, pack, and process and backup photos.
I want to say thank you for all who attended Autodesk University as well as those vital to its success, fun, great social networking, conversation, laughing, and the great classes like AU ringleader Lynn Allen, Carl Bass, Joseph Wurcher, Cheryl Romero, Lura Flynn, Leslie Coggan, Patricia Lundberg, Matt Murphy, The Matt Murphy Clay Head Sculpture, Martyn, Steve, Donnia, Chris, AUGI, Autodesk, exhibitors, Press, Mike and Melanie Perry, Owen, Darren, Devon, Mike, Robin, AC, Karen, RK, Rob, Dave, Luciana, Assis, Eric, Shawn, Evie, Gary, Mark, Jim, Don, Elise, Next Engine, Crystal, Ellen, Sunith, Helge, Brian, Volker, Celeste (nice costume entry and also congrats on winning the iTouch), Jeff, Jay, Robert, Peter, Kate, Rusty, Don, Emmanuel, Christine, Bob, Hans, John, Jon, Nate, Roopinder, Doug, Douggie, Alex, Steven, Jamie (nice outfit for the party), Tommy, Beth, Jim, Shawn, Matt, Richard, Mike, Rich, Shari, Shawn, Bud, Yoshi, Pete, Jerry, Heidi, Denise, David, Denise, Jonathan, Fenton, Katy, David, Bill, Kim, Candy, Grand Lux, La Scena, Dell, Donnie, HP, TechSmith, Thomas, Tom, Betsy, Kal, Jo, Borracca, Anthony, Stan, Larry, Kat, MyFeedback Members, AUGI Top DAUG participants, Red Bull, The Valley of Fire, Red Rock Canyon, The Venetian, and many many more people, groups, and companies that make AU the best show on earth and an event worthy of people traveling from all around the world to attend and participate. I hope to see all of you and more back in Las Vegas for Autodesk University 2008.
See the AU 2007 Flickr Photo Group and my Flickr Gallery
http://www.flickr.com/groups/au2007/pool/ ( it is free to share your AU 2007 photos there)