Autodesk is pleased to announce that the release of the update for AutoCAD 2007 and AutoCAD LT 2007 that adds support for Windows Vista 32-bit versions as well as fixing some reported issues.
AutoCAD LT 2007
AutoCAD LT 2007 Service Pack 2 Readme (html - 40Kb)
Please review the ReadMe to make sure which one is correct for your 2007 product.
- AutoCAD 2007 Service Pack 2 Readme (html - 40Kb)
- AutoCAD 2007 Service Pack 2 for Autodesk AutoCAD Revit Series—Building 9.1 Readme (html - 40Kb)
- AutoCAD 2007 Service Pack 2 for Autodesk AutoCAD Revit Series—Building 9.0 Readme (html - 40Kb)
- AutoCAD 2007 Service Pack 2 for Autodesk AutoCAD Revit Series—Structure 4 Readme (html - 40Kb)
- AutoCAD 2007 Service Pack 2 for Autodesk AutoCAD Revit Series—Structure 3 Readme (html - 40Kb)
AutoCAD 2008 and AutoCAD LT 2008 already support Windows Vista 32 bit but you can also get AutoCAD 2008 in the 64 bit version.
Supported Operating Systems
This Service Pack can be used with the following operating systems:
- Microsoft Windows 2000
- Microsoft Windows XP Professional
- Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition
- Microsoft Windows XP Tablet PC Edition
- Microsoft Windows Vista Enterprise
- Microsoft Windows Vista Business
- Microsoft Windows Vista Ultimate
- Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium
- Microsoft Windows Vista Home Basic
In addition to Vista support the following highlights some of the other fixes included and many due to customers submitting their CER reports or contacting and reporting the issue to us.
Updates have been made in the following feature areas.
Copy and Paste
Multiline text (MText)
Plot and Publish
Startup, Save, Open and Close
User Coordinate System (UCS)
Other changes included in this service pack include the following updates.
- Intellimouse scrolling with ZOOMWHEEL set to 1 now works as expected when in Orbit modes.
- 3DORBIT performance has been improved.
Customize User Interface
- '\' character is consistently recognized when used in macros.
- Diameter symbol is correctly displayed when Unit format is set to Windows Desktop.
- Dimension text is no longer rotated for dimensions copied and pasted between drawings with different UCSs.
- Constant reload of relative external references has been resolved.
- IMAGEATTACH of CMYK images no longer result in Invalid Image warnings.
- DWF files produced with Revit Structure 2 or 3 can now be attached to AutoCAD drawings.
- X, Y, or Z coordinates that have been excluded from fields no longer display in the field
- Migrated drawings containing custom hatch patterns now work correctly.
- Text is now consistently recognized inside the boundaries of a solid hatch when "Create separate hatches" option is selected in the Hatch and Gradient dialog box.
- Improvements have been made to hatches to make boundary detection more accurate
- Opening drawing from an Internet site by means of i-Drop or File > Open now operates as expected.
- iDrop now works with Internet Explorer 7.
Materials and Lighting
- Materials applied to flat, or nearly flat, shells now display correctly.
- Shadows are now always cast in the correct direction
- The following operations now perform correctly in files saved in AutoCAD 2000 and Release 14 file formats from AutoCAD 2007:
- Copy and Paste
- Cut and Paste
- Block and Insert
- Wblock and Insert
- Drag and Drop operations
- STRETCH command used on polylines with opposing normals works as expected.
Multiline Text and Text
- %%D and %%P MText characters from Korean and Chinese SHX bigfonts display correctly.
- Lines of text containing spaces that use a bigfont text style display correctly.
- Multiline text containing stacked fractions problems corrected when TSPACETYPE is set to 2.
- Text width corrected when using MTEXT with the \T option.
- During a spell checking process, the replacement of extended characters with '?' has been resolved.
- Several issues fixed that allow Japanese MTEXT objects created in 2006-based drawings to display correctly when opened in AutoCAD 2007.
- SHX font flow, in bi-directional operating systems, now go in the right direction.
- MText or Text editor now displays after the text object is moved to a frozen layer
- Two key strokes are needed to enter any non-Unicode special symbols defined in Bigfont SHX files. In addition, two keystrokes are now required to remove these symbols.
- Network License Manager updated so restricted users can successfully start the network version of AutoCAD on certain localized operating systems.
- A number of improvements made to use memory more efficiently.
- Significant improvements made in the speed of opening certain types of drawings created in MAP and Civil 3D products.
- Sheet Set Manager field evaluation has been improved to allow for significantly faster opening and publishing of the drawings.
Plotting and Publishing
- Raster images now plot correctly if they are part of the block inserted in the table cell.
- Bitonal transparent raster images no longer loose transparency when plotted.
- Line weight of certain objects is correctly interpreted when plotting to PDF files.
- FIELDEVAL setting now maintained after publishing drawings.
- CAL file types no longer plot at 300 DPI regardless of the specified resolution.
- Geometry plotted to PDF is now centered correctly when Center Plot is chosen in the Plot dialog box
- Special non-ASCII characters are now correctly interpreted in the Plot Styles (STB and CTB files).
NOTE: If you created a plot style file in an AutoCAD 2007 product with non-ASCII characters in the style name or description, then you will have to rename those characters and resave the plot style file.
- Drawing properties are now encrypted during password protection of drawings when you select that option. If you are exchanging drawings with customers using the 'Encrypt drawing properties' feature, they must also install at least service pack 1.
- Improvements made to allow editing of very large solid models.
Startup, Save, Open and Close
- Corrupted or zero-byte drawings no longer created when insufficient disk space conditions are detected.
Please continue to send in the CER reports and also in AutoCAD 2008 enable the Customer Involvement Program (CIP).