As I reported previously there is a virtual Easter Egg in AutoCAD 2008. Now here is a hint to finding it.
The Easter Egg is located in the new Visualization enhancements in AutoCAD 2008. Remember that AutoCAD 2008 just began shipping on March 23rd, 2007.
A few of the enhancements in AutoCAD 2008 for Visualization:
- Materials Palette
The Materials palette has been updated to provide faster, easier access to materials properties.
- Applying Photometric Data
You can create realistic rendered images by applying real-world photometric properties to light sources. You can even use IES files for lighting values from a vendor.
- Added -RENDER command. Now you can script Render for batch processing and more.
- New Sun and Sky background option for named views. The Sun and Sky option enables you to easily create sky effects such as Haze and sun effects such as shadows as well as set the sky to a specific date and time for your location.
- Additional procedural maps.
- Advanced Lighting Overrides.