It is beginning to be the height of Autodesk product beta testing season.
Help shape the future of Autodesk products by becoming active as a customer in the future product beta test.
Who defines what the next Autodesk products will have in the next version?
The customers do and Autodesk listens.
Be heard and get involved in shaping the future of Autodesk products. What you see in our products today are a direct reflection of your involvement with support calls, e-mails, AU, AUGI, discussion group participation, usability sessions, beta testing, surveys, and many more methods.
Beta sites have the greatest opportunity to influence the final implementation of features and to identify critical problems with the best chance of early resolution.
The goals of each beta release are to collect your assessment of the overall feature set, to get your opinion on the implementation of each feature, and to begin identifying bugs which occur in your use of the product and in your environment.
Customers are selected to become Beta Sites based upon their interest, willingness, and ability to provide timely information. Beta Sites provide product feedback throughout the development process until the final release.
All customer problems, issues, enhancement requests, and suggestions are reported to the Beta Team and escalated to the appropriate development teams. Regular contact with Autodesk via bug reports, weekly summaries, and questionnaires is expected.
Beta Sites are also selected on the basis of past participation and sign up information.
Each beta program varies, but at a minimum, we expect you to spend as much time as possible in your normal production environment with the software to expose defects. Along the way, we also expect you to send in your comments about the software as well as any wish list items you may have.
Please note beta version programs and files should not to be used without careful consideration that these are unreleased beta products and are not fully supported and may contain software defects. The main purpose for posting them is to find the defects and have them reported so that they can be fixed in the final released version. As with any beta software always back up your data and previous files and exercise caution when in a production environment.
- You get to preview the product before final product is released. Allows customer to take early
advantage of productivity enhancements.
- A private online discussion group available in both web and NNTP.
- Getting an advance look at new software.
- The delight in discovering bugs that we didn't catch in our in-house testing.
- Enhancing the software for your own use by suggesting possible improvements.
- Having a sneak peek of new products and emerging technologies
- The pleasure of finding unsuspected bugs
- Making our (i.e., your!) software better as a result of this collaboration program
- Your suggestion may add new dimension to our development process!
- We sometimes offer rewards like free products, free hardware, digital camera, new computers, free AU travel and passes, and MP3 players and best of all knowing that you were getting your feedback in and being part of the extended product team.
- Most important, it's your chance to contribute to the product's design and features!
Most beta projects require the agreement to a Beta Site Agreement which protects both your and Autodesk private and confidential information. During beta no details may be discussed publicly. Please no posting of beta or feedback project details, questions, rumors, or support requests in the public and that includes public web sites, or public discussion groups.
This is a very important requirement to keep betas private and only discussed in these private forums or with Autodesk employees.
We will clearly announce to you when the date for a beta is reached and you can then begin discussing the next release of the product you are beta testing.
Sign up at http://myfeedback.autodesk.com
- This is for customers or potential customers. Resellers, Employees and ADN developers have alternate channels to get beta or preview products.
- Make sure to complete the sign up profile accurately and do not use a free email account use your business or personal email so we know who you are. We do not sell your email or spam you.