The Between the Lines blog first hit 100,000 in August of 2004 less than a year ago and now has surpassed 400,000.
Just some samplings of the stats:
* In June 2005 there were 26,529 unique visitors to the blog and thousands reading through the available RSS feeds.
* In the past 4 months there have been 72,001 unique visitors not including RSS feed readers.
* RSS feed consumers are almost doubling each month.
* Average time spent on the blog per visitor is 6 minutes.
* The blog is consistently in the top 10-20 of all Autodesk web sites in unique visits.
* Browsers: Internet Explorer accounted for 80% of all visitors with Firefox at 16% and then a flurry of other readers such as Netscape, WebTV, Opera, Safari, etc.
* Operating Systems: Microsoft Windows XP at 75%, Microsoft Windows 2000 at 17% and then followed by handheld devices, Mac, Linux, UNIX, Windows 98, etc.
* Geography: 61% of the visitors are from the United States and 23% are from Western Europe .
* Languages: English accounted for 72% with German, Dutch, and Japanese and many others listed.
At this rate I should hit half a million before the end of the summer and perhaps even triple that again over the next 12 months if the last 12 month trending holds true but that would be a stretch. I truly appreciate all those that read this blog around the world and should you have any questions, ideas, or feedback please feel free to send them to me at [email protected] While I cannot provide product support for everyone I do try to answer all that I can. I will also start sharing some of the questions and answers on the blog to hopefully help others reading or searching in Google or search engines.