There is a flurry of press releases from Autodesk today. The new products are coming!
"Autodesk Inc. today announced new versions of its software portfolio, including more than 25 products that help its customers create, manage and share digital assets most effectively, to compete and win. These products provide best-in-class solutions for 2D design, basic conceptual design to advanced 3D modeling, animation, visualization, data management and collaboration. With across-the-board focus on productivity improvements, the latest suite of products and solutions enable customers in the manufacturing, building, infrastructure and media and entertainment industries to turn ideas into reality faster than ever before."
"AutoCAD 2006: 20th Release of Industry Standard Underscores Legacy of Relentless Innovation"
"AutoCAD 2006 is the latest in a series of releases that focused on solving significant customer challenges associated with a certain set of user issues. The new software focuses on minimizing the tedious tasks associated with everyday drafting and includes features such as:
- Dynamic input, which gives customers the power of the command line at the graphics cursor, allowing them to focus on the design. Dynamic input displays dimensional information during geometry creation and makes it easy to edit.
- Dynamic blocks, which allow access to multiple variations on a single block. Dynamic blocks dramatically reduce cumbersome block libraries and make it easy to modify block geometry during and after insertion for faster design changes.
- Data Extraction Wizard, which automatically creates tables such as schedules, bills of material and price estimates. Users can sort and filter block information quickly and easily and combine it with their company's standard table styles, for accurate tables of data.
- Annotation enhancements, which include easier text placement, improved hatching and enhanced table functions that perform common math expressions in and across cells, rows and columns.
- One-click migration of customized files from earlier releases of the software to AutoCAD 2006."
"With the immediate availability of a suite of updated products -- Autodesk® Revit® Building 8, Autodesk® Architectural Desktop 2006, Autodesk® Building Systems 2006, and Autodesk® AutoCAD® Revit® Series 8 -- architects and building engineers can create, manage and share design information more effectively, all of which contribute to increased profitability, reduced risk and minimized inefficiencies in building design, construction and management."
"With the immediate availability of Autodesk® Civil 3D(TM) 2006, Autodesk Map® 3D 2006, Autodesk® Land Desktop 2006, Autodesk® Survey 2006 and Autodesk® Raster Design 2006 software products, Autodesk is simplifying and streamlining the creation, management and sharing of spatial information, enabling customers to make the most of their data and realize their design ideas faster."
"Autodesk DWF Composer provides full 3D and 2D markup, measure, viewing and revision capabilities. DWF Composer now:
- Supports measure and markup of 3D DWF files published by most premier design applications, including Autodesk Inventor®, Autodesk® Revit® and Autodesk ® Civil 3D(TM) software
- Supports MapBooks published by Autodesk Map® 3D 2006 Supports DXF(TM) functionality and all major raster images including multisheet TIFF, CALS and JPG.
- Includes latest DWG file support and viewing of Autodesk Inventor files
- Offers new custom symbols within the DWF Composer markup library, providing new ways for customers to annotate
- Provides a powerful, new snapshot tool that enables users to capture any onscreen information and bring it into the DWF file, creating a single file that contains all project-related information.
- Extends markup integration beyond the AutoCAD family of products to also include Autodesk® Revit® Building 8 and Autodesk® Revit® Structure."
- "Autodesk Inventor Series 10 includes new components of Functional Design -- Design Accelerator and Feature Generator -- that help existing users improve design efficiency, and new users transition to 3D more easily. In addition, Inventor Studio provides state-of-the-art rendering and animation capabilities for quickly creating photorealistic designs.
- Autodesk Inventor Professional 10 provides all of the benefits of Autodesk Inventor Series, plus specialized design capabilities to create routed systems with tube and pipe or wire and cable. Customers can now create deflection animations of their finite element analysis (FEA) models.
- AutoCAD Mechanical 2006, purpose-built for mechanical engineers, now allows users to document 3D Inventor assemblies as well as 3D parts. It also includes new workflow enhancements that allow customers to manage hidden lines more quickly and intuitively.
- AutoCAD Electrical 2006, specifically developed for electrical engineers and control systems designers, now provides direct integration with Autodesk Vault and includes new data migration tools that allow customers to easily convert legacy AutoCAD or other electrical design applications into intelligent AutoCAD Electrical designs."