It will be available by the AutoCAD Communication Center notification for live updates and also on:
The AutoCAD 2005 Service Pack 1 ReadMe link Click Here
Who Should Install the Service Pack?
supported operating systems and languages:
- AutoCAD® 2005
- AutoCAD LT® 2005
- Autodesk® AutoCAD® Revit® Series
Summary of the Primary Issues Resolved by the Service PackActions That No Longer Generate Fatal Errors
- Closing a sheet without saving it after adding a view and saving the resource drawing.
- Exiting the program with the Customize dialog box open.
- Using SHADEMODE with XCLIP on and textures enabled.
- Switching to model space viewport with UCSFOLLOW set to 1.
- Navigating to certain DWF™ files in Windows Explorer.
- Using HYPERLINK in certain drawings with the application window maximized.
- A layer filter can now have a name that starts with an accented character.
- In the Options dialog box, Profiles tab, clicking Add to List no longer incorrectly removes backslashes in a UNC path.
- In DWF files, hyperlink fields with SHX fonts no longer fail.
- A hatch no longer bleeds when you change the hatch type.
- Using the PEDIT Spline option with a 3D polyline no longer generates an error when you use AUDIT or RECOVER.
- A problem that caused the program to sometimes lock up during startup after menu or toolbar changes has been fixed.
- An issue that caused the screen menu to collapse under certain circumstances has been fixed.
- Edges on Architectural Desktop objects and other custom objects are now displayed correctly when SHADEMODE is set to Gouraud or Flat shading with edges on.
- The message “Unable to find the asmm80enures.dll” is no longer displayed when modeler dlls are being loaded on computers with mixed language environment.
- Changing properties of block attributes in BATTMAN no longer makes unwanted changes to color.
- Blocks with similar names are now displayed correctly in the QSELECT list.
- Property fields in a block attribute now resolve correctly after INSERT.
- Block attribute text that contains fields now mirrors correctly.
- The Save Changes prompt is now correctly displayed after you use the Write Block dialog box.
- Child dimension styles are sorted correctly in the Dimension Styles Manager.
- Issues with directions and positions of arrowheads and text have been fixed.
- The “Command still active” message is no longer displayed when you try to close a drawing after you have canceled a PLOT command that was started with a maximized viewport active.
- The CALCOMP8.HDI driver, which plotted only to file, now plots normally.
- HIDEPRECISION can now be set for background plots.
- The Layer dialog box and the Plot dialog box now open faster.
- Performance is improved for use of ETRANSMIT for part of a large sheet set.
- A slowing of performance when multiple users are editing a sheet set at the same time has been improved.
- A problem that caused the program to use 99% of the system resources if you are using VBA applications and have the View toolbar open has been resolved.
- Switching from one text style with a Big Font to another no longer causes the SHX font to change unexpectedly.
- Typing over selected multiline text in the text editor no longer applies the color of the selected text to the new text.
- Misalignment issues with Japanese text have been resolved.
- Issues with inappropriate display of Czech, Latvian, and other language characters have been resolved.
- Side-by-side installation of AutoCAD 2004 and AutoCAD 2005 no longer causes errors in VBA scripts.
- A REVCLOUD conflict with VBAIDE has been resolved.
- Certain xrefs whose relative paths did not resolve now resolve correctly.
- Relative paths for certain xrefs no longer change when xrefs are loaded.