|AutoCAD Version 2.0 (Release 5) October 1984|
- Added dot/dash linetype capability (LINETYPE, LTSCALE, and LAYER Ltype commands).
- Layers extended to have user-chosen names, with no limit to the number of layers in a drawing.
- Multiple text fonts and Shape files can be used in a drawing.
- Text styles: obliquing, mirroring, and expansion/compression may be applied to a text font (STYLE command).
- Text may be underscored or overscored.
- Up to four tablet menu areas can be defined.
- A separate menu provided for the buttons on multibutton pointing devices.
- Menus may be segmented into submenus that can be invoked to display the options for particular commands.
- Standard colors can be specified by number or by name.
- Traces and Solids now filled even if partially off screen.
- Faster loading of shapes and fonts due to shape/font compiler.
- The area of a digitizing tablet used for screen-pointing now configurable.
- Undo feature added to LINE command.
- The meaning of the PAN command's displacement has been reversed.
- In previous versions, item rotation for a circular array worked only if the only item in the array was a Block. This restriction has been lifted.
- Enhanced script mechanism (SCRIPT and RSCRIPT commands).
- The AREA command extended to display the perimeter.
- The DIST command extended to display the angle and delta-X/Y between two points.
- The LIST and DBLIST commands display length, angle, and delta-X/Y for lines; area and circumference for circles.
- Dimensioning enhanced to provide angular dimensioning, arc/circle diameter and radius, dimension lines at any desired angle, and several other requested features.
- Angles in degrees, minutes, and seconds (UNITS command enhancement).
- Length and angle display of rubber band in status line.
- The parameters used on the HATCH command are remembered and presented as defaults on the next HATCH command. A repeat capability also added; it asks for another area to hatch using the same pattern.
- Hatching of figures bounded by arcs improved.
- Dynamic specification (dragging) for ARC, CIRCLE, SHAPE, INSERT, CHANGE, COPY, and MOVE commands.
- Snap, Grid, and Axis may be rotated, offset, or given differing X and Y spacings. The snap offset can be used to vary the alignment of hatch patterns.
- For some display devices, the screen menu and the text-prompt area can be disabled, by means of the AutoCAD configuration process, to provide a larger area for graphics.
- For some display devices, a SNAPSHOT command is provided to erase menus and prompts from the screen temporarily and center the graphics image for photographic purposes.
- New Attributes feature. Attributes associate textual information with Block Definitions, and prompt for appropriate values at insertion time. The text may be visible or invisible.
- Global or individual editing of Attributes is available.
- Extraction of attributes from the drawing for transfer to a database program allowed.
DXFIN and DXFOUT
replaced the Main menu tasks to load and create drawing interchange files.
saves vector file upon exit.
Isometric grid/snap capability (also SNAP Style Iso)
allows object mirroring
makes slides for slide show facility.
allows snapping to reference points of existing objects.
quick text mode
saves changes without exiting the drawing editor.
creates named views
slide-show viewing facility (command).