A new update to AutoCAD 2018 was made available to customers in the Autodesk Desktop App. The update contains new features, enhancements to performance such as the 4k monitor and 3D performance improvements, and the update also contains some fixes for reported issues.
Review the ReadMe document detailing the changes in the AutoCAD 2018.1.1 Update.
Please submit your CER dialog with added details if you experience a “unplanned exit” aka crash of AutoCAD as the CER data provides the clues required to address those in future updates.
Some of the issues that have been fixed:
- Occasional crashes when opening the block editor no longer occur.
- Occasional crashes when selecting or creating a non-associative hatch no longer occur.
- Occasional crashes when clicking the Insert View button on the ribbon in some drawings no longer occur.
- Occasional crashes when modifying certain dimension styles no longer occur.
- Occasional crashes when editing the grip of a spotlight in some drawings no longer occur.
- Occasional crashes when opening DXF files containing Xrefs no longer occur.
- The attribute position of a block remains the same after editing the block.
- PDF files plotted from certain drawings now display correctly in Adobe Reader.
- Hatch patterns in PDF files are consistent with lineweight.
- Raster images are plotted correctly when Shadeplot is set to the Rendered option.
- The AEC property-set data in DWG files can be successfully exported to 3D DWF files.
- Certain Pro/E files can now be successfully imported into AutoCAD.