Project Boulder is a preview Technology on Autodesk Labs as an add in for Autodesk InfraWorks 360. A couple Autodesk colleagues Angel Espinoza and Keith Warren generated a wave and flood model simulation for San Diego Bay using Project Boulder.
“Project Boulder for InfraWorks 360 is a free* limited technology preview that matches the simplicity of two-dimensional (2D) flood simulations together with an immersive 3D model. As collaborative effort between Autodesk and Hydronia,** the InfraWorks 360 user is provided the ability to simulate, visualize, and animate 2D flood events directly in the Autodesk InfraWorks 360 model environment while utilizing the Hydronia RiverFlow2D computation model.
- Create Simulation Area and Model Flow and Outflow
- Automatic creation of Simplified Surface Mesh
- Establish a uniform Mannings n value for the model
- Determine the simulation time and increment
- Utilize the Hydronia RiverFlow2D model*** to perform the simulations
- Animate the resulting flood surface by elevation and depth of velocity in the model“
Here are a images of wave modeling for Malibu Beach where I spend time during the summers of my youth.
Surfs Up Dude, a little too much in this simulation!
Join Project Boulder and provide your feedback and help shape the future of the technology.