Autodesk FormIt Version 2.0 has just been launched on iTunes, and it is completely free. This latest update includes some great improvements including metric units, automatic Revit file creation (with Autodesk 360), grid and snap settings adapt to zoom level, and some great user experience enhancements.
Download or update today: http://autode.sk/TjO5Hj
Autodesk Formit provides a simple iPad based 3D modeling tool for you to conceptually model architectural designs, building massing models, or a conceptual master plan. Formit is a very basic and intuitive 3D tool where you use your fingers to create the designs. When you have the conceptual design you want you can then refine it into an accurate design model by logging into your Autodesk 360 account for the Revit .rvt file that is placed along with the Autodesk Formit .axm file.
It is just plain fun to explore architecture design concepts on the iPad tablet. For those mechanically inclined, check out the free Autodesk 123D Design.
What's new in version 2.0
- Support for metric units (a hot user request)
- Cloud conversion to Autodesk Revit: supports Metric or Imperial, depending on sketch setting
- Imprint closed shapes on faces and push them in to make solid cuts
- Grid and snap settings adapt to current zoom level
- Rectangles can be drawn at angles to the grid
- Satellite images can be reloaded
- Redesigned sun-study popover takes up less space
- Gallery is a single scrollable page and can be sorted by name or date
- Sketches now display their name in the Gallery
- Fit to view has option to include a loaded image
- Help button now has an option to go to the Autodesk Formit GetSatisfaction support site
- We are now gathering anonymous usage data. This can be disabled from the About page
- Crash recovery: If there is a crash, you will be able to retrieve data on next load
- Various stability and bug fixes
Here is a existing retail mall created in Formit by Angel Espinoza after he had only been using Formit for a couple hours. Angel started by just using a location which imported the Map or satellite background (you can even use a photo from of a site plan). He then created primitives and then modified those to create the 3D Formit model.
So if you have an iPad, go download or update today: http://autode.sk/TjO5Hj