Last night at the AUGI Annual Meeting at Autodesk University 2010 Several Autodesk product wish lists were presented to Autodesk teams. AUGI members nominated and voted throughout the year their top wish list items. Receiving the list from AUGI incoming President David Harrington was Amy Bunszel Sr. Director, AutoCAD.
1. The ability to drag and drop commands from the menu to the ribbon. Submitted by Keith Cruz
2. The ability to change objects (like attributes) to a layer even if they are embedded in a block. Submitted by Jason Kelso
3. The ability to rotate multiple objects about their centers simultaneously. Submitted by Jeff Bartley
4. A setting to always display text horizontally in a block, regardless of the rotation of the block. Submitted by Geoffrey Keehn
5. The ability to modify 3D solids using the stretch command. Submitted by Chad Wanless
6. A task manager for AutoCAD that allows you to end commands that have frozen. Submitted by M Roth
7. For AutoCAD to automatically differentiate between edited and unedited dimensions. Submitted by Matt Rogoff
8. The ability to control linetype scale by layer. Submitted by Charles Perez
9. The ability to select a layer when inserting a block or XREF Submitted by Phil Tingley
10. The ability to copy text from an external program and have the option to match the format of the existing mtext you are pasting that text into. Submitted by Anita Nichols
Amy thanked the community and said
“We on the AutoCAD Team sincerely appreciate the participation and feedback.
For those not participating yet, we need your feedback on what to do or change so please get your wish list items in the AUGI Wish List
We are listening”