How SWEET it is! Autodesk Design Suite
The Autodesk Design Suite was announced and made available today. Designed for architects and designers who want enhanced concept design, sketching and best-in-class 3D visualization capabilities to complement a familiar AutoCAD workflow.
Products in the Autodesk Design Suite
“Autodesk® Design Suite Advanced 2011 software is a specialized suite for product designers responsible for the entire design process.
- Leading 2D and 3D design and documentation—Use the powerful, flexible features found in AutoCAD® software to help speed documentation, share ideas seamlessly, and explore concept designs more intuitively in 3D. Powerful programming tools and thousands of add-ons help customize AutoCAD for your needs.
- Comprehensive conceptual modeling and surfacing capabilities—Experiment with ideas, create production-quality geometry, rapidly iterate concepts, and refine details such as style, form, and function using Autodesk® Alias® Design software.
- Award-winning design storytelling and visualization—Use Autodesk® 3ds Max® Design software to create powerful, emotionally engaging product visualizations that will help you more effectively market and sell concept designs.
- Easy-to-use, real-time interactive presentation tools—Create interactive presentations with Autodesk® Showcase® software. Evaluate concept design variations by accurately conveying real-world materials, lighting, and environments. Market your products without costly physical prototypes or photo shoots.
- Fully integrated sketching, painting, and manipulation capabilities—Sketch, paint, manipulate, and edit concept designs naturally without leaving AutoCAD. Autodesk® Alias® Sketch software adds fully integrated illustration, painting, and manipulation capabilities directly into AutoCAD.”
AutoCAD Brochure (pdf - 3685Kb)
Autodesk Alias Sketch Brochure (pdf - 224Kb)
Autodesk Showcase Brochure (pdf - 225Kb)
Autodesk 3ds Max Design Brochure (pdf - 440Kb)
Autodesk Alias Design Brochure (pdf - 839Kb)
There will be trial downloads of the suites available today.Customers of the previous Visualization Suite subscription will get automatically the Autodesk® Design Suite Premium .
There are also other announced design suites from the Press Release
The suites for visual, plant and factory design are the first releases of the new family of design suites aimed to address industry workflows. The design suites will provide strong interoperability between the products, and a range of capabilities for design and visualization. The first three suites are:
· Autodesk Design Suite is for architects and designers working with AutoCAD software who desire enhanced concept design, sketching and best-in-class 3D visualization capabilities. The primary products in this suite include AutoCAD, 3ds Max Design and Alias Design.
· Autodesk Factory Design Suite is for machine and equipment builders, system integrators and manufacturers who design, visualize and simulate layouts of machine lines and entire manufacturing facilities. Autodesk Factory Design Suite helps manufacturers make better layout decisions by creating a digital prototype of the factory before equipment is installed and commissioned. The primary products in this suite include AutoCAD Architecture, Autodesk Inventor, Autodesk Vault and Autodesk Navisworks.
· Autodesk Plant Design Suite is for plant designers and engineers who need integrated plant design and whole-project review capabilities for plant design projects. The primary products in this suite are AutoCAD, AutoCAD P&ID, AutoCAD Plant 3D and Autodesk Navisworks.