This update is to address customer reported issues and fixes to issues reported by customers sending in the CER reports. Please be sure to send in CER reports whenever you get one and add any additional information and your email so we can follow up. And yes there is a name change from Service Pack to Service Update. ;-)
- Readme (html - 42Kb)
- AutoCAD 2009 Update 1 - 32bit (exe - 18151Kb)
- AutoCAD 2009 Update 1 - 64bit (exe - 25341Kb)
Problems Reported with the Customer Error Reporting Utility
As a result of detailed information from customers who used the Customer Error Reporting Utility, a number of problems were identified and fixed. Updates have been made in the following feature areas:
- 3D Visual Styles
- Annotation Scaling
- External References (xref) palette
- Raster Images
- Partial Open
- Properties Palette
- Remote text (rtext)
The following defects have also been fixed:
- When a .NET function with a LispFunction attribute has the return type as object, an exception is thrown in AutoCAD.
- A drawing that contains a large number of anonymous blocks and copies of annotative entities created in AutoCAD 2007, or an earlier release, opens slowly in AutoCAD 2009.
- A scale is infinitely enumerated when you insert a drawing that contains the same scale as a block or an external reference (xref).
- When you attempt to display a tooltip of a multiline text (mtext) attribute that contains 281 characters or more, AutoCAD crashes.
- When you move a block using an insertion grip, mtext attributes move incorrectly.
- When the default value of an mtext attribute in a block contains a field, you cannot edit the attribute text to replace the field with other data.
- When you insert or redefine a block that contains attributes on a locked layer, AutoCAD crashes.
- When you change the scale of a block through the Properties Palette, an attribute displays incorrectly.
Export a Layout to Model Space
When you export a layout to model space the following occurs:
- The linetype scale changes.
- Dimension arrowheads do not display.
- Text does not rotate correctly.
- Drawing properties are lost.
External Reference ESW
- The External References palette does not display when auto-hidden and used with the XREF or IMAGE commands are used.
- When you recreate a hatch boundary, it consists of separate line segments rather than a closed polyline.
- When you plot, objects in an xref are not correctly hidden.
- You cannot access the menu browser in a non-English version of AutoCAD using the shortcut Alt+Key.
- When created on a rotated UCS, a multileader does not respect POLAR or ORTHO settings.
Multiline Text (mtext)
- When you drag and drop a drawing while the In-Place Text Editor is active, AutoCAD crashes.
- When some of the values in the In-Place Text Editor are changed, AutoCAD crashes.
- Some mtext objects with double byte characters display as a single line.
- When you attempt to save a file with a long file name, AutoCAD may crash.
- When you drag and drop a file from Windows Explorer into the AutoCAD title bar while in Single Document Interface (SDI) mode, AutoCAD may crash.
- When you attempt to open multiple files from Windows Explorer, only the first selected file opens.
- When the OPENPARTIAL system variable is set to 1, if you use the PURGE command, drawings may become corrupted.
- When you plot upside-down, an OLE object does not plot correctly.
- In the Properties palette, the Dimension Style control may display an incorrect dimension style name.
- In the Publish dialog box, the Publish To setting always defaults to DWF format even if you select a different setting.
- When you change the theme of your operating system while running AutoCAD and then click the Quick Properties window, AutoCAD crashes.
- When you open some valid drawings, you are prompted to use the RECOVER command.
- When you use the RENDER command with certain drawings that contain textured object, AutoCAD crashes.
- When acad.CUI is loaded as a partial CUI, some buttons in the multiline text (mtext) ribbon contextual tab fail.
- On a ribbon panel, you may not be able to move items between rows.
- A ribbon panel continues to display after it is removed from a ribbon tab.
- A button image used on a ribbon panel that is loaded from a resource DLL file lacks a transparent background.
- If you transfer a ribbon panel and a tab, buttons display small.
- Enterprise, main, and partial CUI files display multiple ribbon tabs in workspaces.
- You cannot control a ribbon tab when you use more than one non-AutoCAD CUI file.
- A ribbon tab and/or menu macro may not function properly when referenced from multiple CUI files.
- If you load a CUI file that references a missing BMP file, a fatal error displays.
- The AutoLISP Redraw function fails to hide or highlight objects.
- When you zoom while inserting some blocks, AutoCAD crashes.