Primary Issues Resolved by the Service Pack
Problems Reported with the Customer Error Reporting Utility (keep sending in those CER reports!)
As a result detailed information from customers who used the Customer Error Reporting Utility, a number of problems were identified and fixed. Updates have been made in the following feature areas.
- 3D DWF
- Command line
- External references
- Grip tools
- Multiline text (Mtext)
- Object snaps
- PDF Export
- Plot and Publish
- Properties palette
- Raster image
- Startup, Save, Open and Close
- User Coordinate System (UCS)
- Visual styles
Other changes included in this service pack include the following updates.
- Intellimouse scrolling with ZOOMWHEEL set to 1 now works as expected when in Orbit modes.
- 3DORBIT performance has been improved.
Customize User Interface
- '\' character is consistently recognized when used in macros.
- Diameter symbol is correctly displayed when Unit format is set to Windows Desktop.
- Constant reload of relative external references has been resolved.
- IMAGEATTACH of CMYK images no longer result in Invalid Image warnings.
- DWF files produced with Revit Structure 2 or 3 can now be attached to AutoCAD drawings.
- Migrated drawings containing custom hatch patterns now work correctly.
- Opening drawing from an Internet site by means of i-Drop or File > Open now operates as expected.
- Materials applied to flat, or nearly flat, shells now display correctly.
- The following operations now perform correctly in files saved in AutoCAD 2000 and Release 14 file formats from AutoCAD 2007:
- Copy and Paste
- Cut and Paste
- Block and Insert
- Wblock and Insert
- Drag and Drop operations
- STRETCH command used on polylines with opposing normals works as expected.
Multiline Text and Text
- %%D and %%P Mtext characters from Korean and Chinese SHX bigfonts display correctly.
- Lines of text containing spaces that use a bigfont text style display correctly.
- Multiline text containing stacked fractions problems corrected when TSPACETYPE is set to 2.
- Text width corrected when using MTEXT with the \T option.
- During a spell checking process, the replacement of extended characters with '?' has been resolved.
- Several issues fixed that allow Japanese MTEXT objects created in 2006-based drawings to display correctly when opened in AutoCAD 2007.
- SHX font flow, in bi-directional operating systems, now go in the right direction.
- Two key strokes are needed to enter any non-Unicode special symbols defined in Bigfont SHX files. In addition, two keystrokes are now required to remove these symbols.
- Network License Manager updated so restricted users can successfully start the network version of AutoCAD on certain localized operating systems.
- A number of improvements made to use memory more efficiently.
- Significant improvements made in the speed of opening certain types of drawings created in MAP and Civil 3D products.
- Sheet Set Manager field evaluation has been improved to allow for significantly faster opening and publishing of the drawings.
Plotting and Publishing
- Raster images now plot correctly if they are part of the block inserted in the table cell.
- Bitonal transparent raster images no longer loose transparency when plotted.
- Line weight of certain objects is correctly interpreted when plotting to PDF files.
- FIELDEVAL setting now maintained after publishing drawings.
- Special non-ASCII characters are now correctly interpreted in the Plot Styles (STB and CTB files).
Note: If you created a plot style file in an AutoCAD 2007 product with non-ASCII characters in the style name or description, then you will have to rename those characters and resave the plot style file.
- Drawing properties are now encrypted during password protection of drawings when you select that option. If you are exchanging drawings with customers using the 'Encrypt drawing properties' feature, they must also install this service pack 1.
- Improvements made to allow editing of very large solid models.
Startup, Save, Open and Close
- Corrupted or zero-byte drawings no longer created when insufficient disk space conditions are detected.