It slices, it dices....Today the new releases DWF Writer 3 and DWF Viewer 6.5 were launched publicly after beta testing with customers. There are some really nice enhancements in both of these update free products.
What’s New in DWF Viewer 6.5
- Section 3D Models
- Move and Rotate 3D Components
- View Combined 2D/3D DWFs (the ability to combine DWF files will be announced)
- User Interface Enhancements
- Microsoft® Office Drag and Drop Support
- Windows Explorer Integration: Preview, search, print, and email DWF files directly from Windows Explorer.
- Email a DWF: Email DWFs from DWF Viewer, with a link for recipients to easily download and install the free DWF Viewer.
- Customer Error Reporting: Easily generate a report that summarizes errors and submits the information directly to Autodesk.
To get the updated Autodesk DWF Viewer 6.5 go to www.autodesk.com/dwf
What’s New in Autodesk DWF Writer 3
Autodesk® DWF™ Writer for 2D is a Microsoft® Windows® system printer driver for publishing 2D DWF™ files. Click the Publish DWF button or select Autodesk DWF Writer from the printer list in any Windows application. Additionally, use Autodesk DWF Writer for 3D to capture 3D models from OpenGL applications such as MicroStation, CATIA®, UGS® NX™ and UGS® Solid Edge®.
- Easily publish 3D DWF™ files from leading manufacturing software, including
Autodesk Inventor® (note that this is built-in –“does not require DWF Writer”)
UGS® Solid Edge®
- Easy Publishing from Microsoft Applications
Easily publish design-related documents directly to 2D DWF by selecting the Publish DWF button from the Microsoft application toolbar. Supported Microsoft applications include
To get the updated Autodesk DWF Writer 3 go to www.autodesk.com/dwf-publishing
You should read what Robin Capper of New Zealand thinks about the new versions in his blog. http://rcd.typepad.com/rcd/2005/11/new_autodesk_dw.html