There is a Service Pack in testing for AutoCAD 2006 to address customer reported issues as well as the customer submitted error reports "CER". Make sure to submit the customer error reports when you see the dialog as they are reviewed.
If you would like to test the AutoCAD 2006 Service Pack 1 Release Candidate simply sign up at http://myfeedback.autodesk.com. Make sure in signing up that you select "yes" to beta and feedback projects and also be sure to select the product AutoCAD. AutoCAD vertical products such as Architectural Desktop 2006 will b e releasing their service pack betas soon.
Service Pack 1 is for the following Autodesk products running on all supported operating systems and languages.
AutoCAD LT® 2006
Autodesk® AutoCAD® Revit® Series 8.x / Autodesk® Revit® Building 8.x
Primary Issues Resolved by the Service Pack
Actions That No Longer Cause Fatal Errors
- Adding a stretch action to a dynamic block definition in a drawing saved with certain linetypes.
- Displaying thumbnail views of DWF files in Windows Explorer.
- Opening some types of legacy drawings.
- Expanding the Toolbars node in the Customize User Interface dialog box (CUI) after you have migrated custom menus and toolbars from AutoCAD 2005 to AutoCAD 2006.
- (AutoCAD only) Editing a multiline using MLEDIT when AutoCAD 2005 and AutoCAD 2006 are installed on the same computer.
- Using the Properties palette to set mesh density for a smooth polygon mesh.
- Pressing CTRL+A to select objects in certain 3D views.
- Running AutoCAD LT on a computer with WindowBlinds software installed.
Problems Reported with the Customer Error Reporting Utility
As a result detailed information from customers who used the Customer Error Reporting Utility, a number of problems were identified and fixed. Updates have been made in the following feature areas.
- Command prompt
- Dragging a drawing
- Dynamic blocks
- Dynamic Input tooltips
- Graphics system
- Info palette
- In-Place Text Editor
- Multiline text (Mtext)
- Object snaps
- Plot and Publish
- Plotting drivers
- Properties palette
- Selection previewing
- Sheet Set Manager
- Startup, Save, and Close
- Tool palettes
Other changes included in this service pack include the following updates.
ActiveX API (AutoCAD only)
- You can now program the deletion of a button from a toolbar.
- Problems that sometimes caused side-by-side incompatibility between AutoCAD 2006 and AutoCAD 2005 have been addressed.
- The AddSeparator method now correctly adds a separator to existing pull-down menus.
- Number format for certain regional settings: QuickCalc calculator variables now persist from one session to another.
- The vertical scroll bar in the QuickCalc calculator window is now correctly displayed.
- Display properties (such as color, linetype, and lineweight) no longer change unexpectedly when you drag or copy objects.
Data Extraction (AutoCAD only)
- Cells for tables created using EATTEXT are now displayed with the appropriate height.
- Inability to close the Attribute Extraction dialog box (EATTEXT) under some circumstances has been corrected.
- Correct values are now displayed for each instance of a polar-arrayed dimension.
- Dimension associativity is now reliably retained when a drawing is saved. Display errors have also been corrected.
- Inserted dynamic blocks can now be rotated and scaled without losing their dynamic properties.
- The drop-down list of available values is now reliably displayed when you click a visability or lookup grip on a dynamic block reference in a drawing.
- Entering a transparent command (such as 'p) in a Dynamic Input tooltip no longer causes the program to lock up.
- When using Dynamic Input, you can now enter the command modifiers tk (for tracking) and tt (to set temporary tracking points for object snap tracking).
- For legacy drawings, text within solid-filled hatch areas is now correctly displayed.
- For entries in an edit box in a docked window, the program now distinguishes between temporary override keys (such as SHIFT+E) and capitalized text.
- Saved layer states can now be reliably restored.
- The Customize User Interface dialog box now correctly imports full, partial, and custom menus from previous releases. (This update was released separately as Support Solution TS1052001.)
- Display problems resulting from the transfer of legacy MNU or MNS files to AutoCAD 2006-based products have been corrected. This update affects labels in image tile menus and screen menus. (This update was released separately as Support Solution TS1052254.)
- Screen menu aliases are now correctly migrated from earlier versions of the product.
- Right-click menus are now available when the CUI file is loaded as an enterprise customization file and a partial menu is loaded as the main customization file.
- Problems with opening CUI files that have duplicate macro IDs have been corrected.
- The object snap menu (SHIFT+right-click) is now available when partial menus are loaded.
- You now can delete a custom tool created in the Customize User Interface dialog box without causing an error the next time you try to edit the toolbar or tool palette to which it was added.
- Circles and arcs created on a plane that is not parallel to the world coordinate system (WCS) now move and stretch in the expected direction when they are stretched.
- You can now stretch objects in a group individually.
- You can now stretch multiple 3D polyline segments.
ObjectARX® and ObjectDBXTM (AutoCAD only)
- Performance problems as a result of using a carriage return (\r) with the ads_printf() function have been corrected.
- Double-byte languages: The accmGetColorFromACIName() function now behaves as expected when used with multiple-byte color names.
Object Linking and Embedding (OLE)
- OLE objects in model space viewports are now clipped correctly when the viewport is resized.
- The quality of OLE objects (such as photographs) printed at the highest quality setting has been improved.
- Performance problems using object snaps in certain circumstances have been corrected.
- You can now run a script to open another drawing after the first drawing has been closed.
- Problems with relative search paths created in the Options dialog box have been corrected.
Plot and Publish
- Dot linetypes with line weight are now plotted correctly.
- Plot styles for systems with a large number of plot styles are now assigned properly.
- The time needed to open the Plot dialog box has improved for customers who have a large number of plot styles.
- The name of the layout is now correctly appended to the file name for drawings that are plotted or published to PDF.
Profiles (AutoCAD only)
- Profiles are now retained properly when more than one instance of AutoCAD is open.
- Formatting is now preserved for text cut from a Microsoft® Excel spreadsheet and pasted into a table cell.
- The spacing between lines of text created with consecutive executions of the TEXT command is now the same as the spacing between lines of text created within a single TEXT command.
- Pressing the END key in the Edit Text dialog box no longer causes an error.
- Bullets created in the In-Place Text Editor are now displayed correctly in the editor, no matter how many times it is reopened.
- Chinese language: CAPS LOCK and SHIFT keys now work properly on Chinese-language keyboards.
- Japanese language: Several problems with incorrect display of characters have been corrected.
- Double-byte languages: Problems with spacing between double-byte characters have been corrected.
- For some Asian input method editors: You now can switch from Asian text entry to English text entry without causing the program to lock up.
- Baltic, Turkish, and Greek languages: Problems with the display of SHX fonts have been corrected.
- Using a tool palette no longer causes the incorrect command to run when you press ENTER or right-click to repeat a command.
Xrefs (External References)
- External references (xrefs) that have been unloaded are no longer reloaded when you click a balloon notification in the host drawing.