On Saturday, May 14, 2005 a new Autodesk Buzzsaw client software was made available to customers.
New Features and Benefits of Autodesk Buzzsaw 6.2
New Buzzsaw Viewing Components
The new Buzzsaw Viewing Components represent the latest technology to view, print, measure, markup and annotate both 2D and 3D drawing files. These viewers are now the recommended view and markup tools for Buzzsaw and provide users with the following advanced capabilities:
* New “View in Window” button available from the document View tab
* Auto-publishing of .DWG files to .DWF for markups
* Enhanced markup version control• Measure & markup of 3D DWF Files
* New custom markup symbols
* Markup integration with Autodesk® Revit® files
* New Snapshot tool that enables users to capture onscreen images and information
You spoke, we listened! We have addressed several usability issues reported by you and your users, including:
* Pre-population of Form data. Key fields are now automatically populated.
* Clicking on a Buzzsaw URL no longer launches a separate Buzzsaw instance.
* The settings you change when viewing form logs (all open, open & closed, etc.) are maintained from session to session.
* The download dialogs have been consolidated and made to look like the Windows dialogs you’re used to in other applications.
* And many more…
We have made great strides in improving performance throughout the system, most notably login time and file upload and download.
More information available from http://www.buzzsaw.com
For those watching and wagering to see if I could actually stay offline for a week for vacation, you were right. I just could not stay offline but at least I have slowed from my normal work mode.